Image Map

9/03/2012

Linking to TBA's Open House




Day 1 - Meet the Teacher!

Me, I'm Deniece.  At home I'm Mommy to my 3 year old little girl.  I'm Wife to my husband of 6 years.  We have grand plans to retire in the Texas Hill Country.  He promises that I can get a baby goat!  We can't wait.  In the meantime, we try to get out to Fredericksburg as often as possible.  I'm addicted to Soap Opera's.  I miss AMC something terrible.  My summer just wasn't the same.

At Work, I teach 3rd Grade Reading.  I've been at my school since it opened (that is saying a lot in a district with major turn-over), this is year 7 for me.  I've been teaching 9 years total.  I've taught all grades PK- 7 except 1st and 4th.  I hated disliked 6th grade.  I really like 3rd grade.  I love being departmentalized.  I'm known for being "crafty".  Lots of people come to me for ideas or as a springboard for their ideas.  I like that;)  My teaching philosophy is to use hands-on lessons and group work to allow students to explore ideas with eachother.  I don't teach in a perfect little red school house with perfect children.  I teach in an old leaky building where kids deal with adult problems and some don't know the difference between good and bad choices.  Some days, I want to pack my bags and run screaming from the craziness, but I am often reminded that God has a plan for me and that I am where I am supposed to be.  

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I love the last line of your post! Thanks for sharing. :)